Working Plane tools don't behave

ajpen

Question

Hi all,

Every time I change the Working Plane using the Working Plane tool, it seems that I get stuck with the new working plane and can't change it back.

I'm using Planar Surface mode to select a new working plane.

From the manual:

Double-click the Set Working Plane tool to set the working plane to the layer plane.

Nope. Doesn't have any effect.

In fact, trying to select another planar surface to establish a new Working Plane has no effect. It's like the tool is a one-shot deal that needs a restart to fix.

I'm using Screen Plane or Working Plane mode in Plane Mode under Document Preferences.

Double-clicking the "Active Layer Plane" from the Working Planes palette does not have any effect either. The only way i have found to restore the working plane to the active layer plane is to restart.

Is there some option to lock the working plane tool after one use? Perhaps that got selected somehow with an errant keyboard shortcut?

Weird...

3 answers to this question

@michaelk Oh geez... signature updated. Although i have a friend who's still rockin' 12.5...

My VWX 2021 is as up to date as can be. I'm still getting the described result.

If it's working for you, there's something weird in my installation, or some weird option i can't find.

peace

aj