Drawing list revision date

in both issue and revision reports issue data is used for the date, I am trying to use revision date in my set up, I changed the formula but it doesn't seem to work, below first one works and second doesn't, wondering if anybody has an idea how to do it.

=SUBSTRING(FORMATFIELD('Title Block Issue Data-1', 'Date'), '/', 1)

=SUBSTRING(FORMATFIELD('Title Block Revision Data-1', 'Date'), '/', 1)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @TKA,

Revisions are not document wide as Issues. That is why they are not stored in their record formats and cannot be extracted using Format Field.

In order to extract revision data you will have to use database row with title blocks in it and extract the data from the records attached to the title blocks. If you are using VW 2020, you can easily create report extracting revision data using Tools->Reports->Create report and select the revision records you want. In VW2020 revision data is extracted the same way as any other record data using <Record Name>.<Field Name> in the database row.

Let me know if you need any additional help.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

thanks, that pert I know, another question is why revision  number and name and date shows properly and all other data shows inverted, meaning "BY", "ZONE" specific to the sheet revision shows in another revision column?  In rev pop up it shows the same as the title block and TB Manager, however in the spreadsheet whether ready made from VW or my own it shows in reverse order.image.thumb.png.6b4a3f9e5efd112fe5de6fdc133f7813.png

Edited by TKA
11 hours ago, TKA said:

thanks, that pert I know, another question is why revision  number and name and date shows properly and all other data shows inverted, meaning "BY", "ZONE" specific to the sheet revision shows in another revision column?  In rev pop up it shows the same as the title block and TB Manager, however in the spreadsheet whether ready made from VW or my own it shows in reverse order.image.thumb.png.6b4a3f9e5efd112fe5de6fdc133f7813.png

Could you give me some more information about this one? Maybe a test file and an image with the desired results? I do not see any difference in the Revision Number and Revision Zone order in reports.

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Of you look on the right hand side in the worksheet the ++ is assigned to rev 1 and on the title block and pop up window is assigned to rev 2.  If I have 3 or more revisions then the reverse order will be maintained rev 1 will have rev 9 zone assigned in the worksheet only.

17 minutes ago, TKA said:

Of you look on the right hand side in the worksheet the ++ is assigned to rev 1 and on the title block and pop up window is assigned to rev 2.  If I have 3 or more revisions then the reverse order will be maintained rev 1 will have rev 9 zone assigned in the worksheet only.

I think that this is valid for all Revision Data fields, as well as Issue Data. What is happening here is that both Revision and Issue data records are managed in such a way that the latest revision/issue is stored in the record with index -1. The reason for this is that we want an easy way to get the latest revision/issue.

If this is what is happening, it is working as designed and you should reverse the order of your worksheet formulas to get the desired results.

13 hours ago, TKA said:

who came up with this order and for what reason?

This is the way issues and revisions are working from at least VW2018, if not earlier. You can change the order they are displayed in the Title Block Border layout, but for worksheets, you will have to modify your formulas.

I have no issue with the title block as the info there is consistent (rev #"" "date" and "by") with TB Manager, however, in the worksheet rev 1 formula displays revision 2 data and vice versa.  I select from pull down menu "rev 1" (as in the pic below) and the data displayed in this column is from "rev 2", and once I have more revisions than the whole thing gets more complex.  So the question is how to make the records work as per their pull down menus??  Rev 1 = rev 1 Data, Rev 2 = rev 2 Data, and so on.

image.thumb.png.8ab829866108d3d25dc03b617346065b.png

11 hours ago, TKA said:

I have no issue with the title block as the info there is consistent (rev #"" "date" and "by") with TB Manager, however, in the worksheet rev 1 formula displays revision 2 data and vice versa.  I select from pull down menu "rev 1" (as in the pic below) and the data displayed in this column is from "rev 2", and once I have more revisions than the whole thing gets more complex.  So the question is how to make the records work as per their pull down menus??  Rev 1 = rev 1 Data, Rev 2 = rev 2 Data, and so on.

image.thumb.png.8ab829866108d3d25dc03b617346065b.png

It is not possible to change how the data is stored in the records. Let me give you an example:

If you have 3 revisions, the newest revision will be stored in the record Revision Data-1 and the oldest will be stored in the record Revision Data-3. This is how the revision data works from the inside and it cannot be changed. Do not get confused by the index in the record name, it is not corresponding to the revision data number. The revision and issue data is stored in reverse order in the records. That way, if you want to always see the latest N revisions/issues, you simply create your drawing list with records [1-N] and you do not have to modify it anymore.

If there is something that I do not understand correctly, please, send me an example file with the actual results and with what you expect to see and I will tell you if it is possible with the current functionality.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:23 PM, TKA said:

I was hoping that it is not the case, but I see what you are saying, unfortunately, the building dept or contractors require chronological history of revisions issues so I will have to keep doing this manually.  There is another thing about the revisions, normally we are required to indicate one of 4 statuses of any sheet: New, Updated, No change, Removed.  I have been using one of the fields ("BY") for inputing that info but in reality it would be way better to have just check boxes, I guess that may never happen.