Profiling line weights gone in 12?

I had read that version 12 had more visual control over the look of objects in wall, such as windows and doors. I was very happy to read this, seeing as the ability of VW to profile the outline of these objects ("use wall line weight" setting) is one of the features that really sets it apart from autocad, for those of us that still care what our drawings look like.

So I bought the update.

It seems this feature has been poofed in the update, replaced with the mindless option to bulk up the whole of window components (why would one want to thicken up the side of a trim piece that is against the wall?).

I am in deep prayer mode that I am wrong, and that my favorite feature is buried deep, i just haven't pulled out the right flashlight.

Please inform how to get the profiling feature to work. Or am I right, and this update is a hairpiece?

squidly, I'm not positive, but I *think* what you're searching for is a way to make an entire plug-in object (door or window) automatically take on the line weight of a wall into which it is inserted. If that's what you want, you merely need to select the PIO (or go to the settings tab of the tool, prior to inserting the object) , click on the "SETTINGS" button, go to the "VIEW" tab and deselect the "USE LINE WEIGHTS" button. HTH's

Whats missing is the ability to profile the object. If I simply deselect the "use line weights" button, the object reverts to a default line weight, or one set in the attributes palette, and the whole object becomes that line weight. In previous versions of VW, using the "Use Wall Line Weights" button would intelligently outline the object, not simply asign the wall line weight to every line in the object.

No, it doesn't. It assigns the value you select to the whole of the part. It doesn't profile the assembly like it would do in 11.5. I can't believe they got rid of this feature, and I can't figure why they would spend the time to do so. I keep hoping they didn't get rid of it, and that they just changed the method of doing so.

But it seems not.

NNA made such a big deal about how much graphic control you have now with version 12. The quote was something like "unparalleled graphic capabilities" when in fact they seem to have just lowered the graphic quality of the software. I'm probably way too passionate about drawing for this age of "its written in the software", but I thought VW was about the best out there in this respect. My opinion, however, has now dropped, not unlike the sack of $500 I paid for this upgrade.

I shall pray for 12.5, but not without breathing.