vectorworks video conferencing?

does anyone have any ideas on how to work on a vw project, with others involved, w/o having to go into the office (35 miles one way). i'm aware that video conferencing is good at looking at each other in the face, but what i want to have is what is on my screen to be viewable in the office in real time. this would allow us to point or sketch on the fly.

i have worked at home for some years and have done, pdf, faxes, etc. but we really need is real time communication.

thanks.

The system I use is Glance (www.glance.net). Only works from Windows though, but can be viewed on any platform. I've used it for several years now and it just works. I've used plenty other systems such as WebEx, PlaceWare, Convoq ASAP, Go to My PC and so on and all have pros and cons. What I like about Glance is that it is quick, and just does screen sharing so the interface is, well, non existant.

On the Mac side there are some systems around (as EJ says), but this is one area where Windows is way ahead in terms of choice. WebEx does do a Mac version but it is expensive. Why Apple haven't built this into OSX is beyond me!

For a good source of information go to:

www.masternewmedia.org

Most systems are available on a free fully functioning trial. So best advice is try them out and see what works best for you.

On a side note, many MCAD vendors now ship this kind of thing as part of the application - Alibre, CATIA, ImpactXoft, Pro/E and so on. I'm not aware of anything like this on the AEC side yet. Maybe this would be a good ploy for VectorWorks?

• 10 years later...

Prasanta Shee, thanks for the help.  

the question i asked above was posted in 2005.  since then i have figured out a few things.  the program i ended up using was Timbuktu and although it was really hard to set up and get it to work, once we did it worked very well.

now i use Skype, while Skype was available back then (i think) it does not allow you to give control of the mouse over to the person looking at your screen so that is why we used Timbuktu at the time.

i also have goto meeting and have used that, but i left the office in December 2014 and have not looked back.

i have not tried premise R-HUB.  thanks for the heads up