wacky dimensions

I am having a problem with VW 10 with my dimensions. When I open a file some of them disappear while other re-associate themselves to other objects forcing me to have to re-dimention over and over again. Has anyone had this problem? it seems they have a mind of thier own.....thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to get back to you so late, I didn't realize anyone responded. We are drawing 1 1/2" construction details on one layer dedicated to that scale and everytime I open the file some of the dimensions set themselves to zero or jump to a different object. It is bizarre! I have not found a fix yet and I feel like I am chasing my tail. I turned off the preference that associates dimensions and that seems to have helped except for the ones that have already been associated. It is bad. I don't trust the dimensions and I am sure you understand the ramifications of a wrong dimension on the job site. [Frown]

Mac G5/OS 10.3.9

Or alternatively:

- Make the dimension class the only one active

- Select All

- Use Tool Move to move the dimensions distance 'x'

- Use Tool Move to move the dimension distance -'x'

This will break all of the associations.

The current implementation of associativety is next to useless - it is another reason why dimensioning is in desparate need of a rewrite so that it becomes what it should be.

[ 09-14-2005, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]