What defaults being used for creating wall using object from polyline?

I am trying to create a few walls using object from polyline.

I am converting a previously created 3d polygon into a standard 2d polyline using "tool/convert to polygons". I then create a wall using this polygon that defined one of the sides of the wall using "aec/object from polyline" and setting the object type to wall and the offset as left or right as applicable. Apart from delete source poly, no other options are available to me in this dialog. However, when the wall is created, the wall does not appear as a simple wall now to my required width. [Mad]

Now I think that the default properties being used are coming from the "AEC/seclect wall type", but there is no default style or is there anyway that I can create one - presumably I need architect?

Second, it now appears impossible [Mad] for me to draw a simple wall even if I wanted to, even using the standard create tool except by going into wall preferces for the custom control line mode wall type. And the moment I try and create another polyline, I get unwanted cavities, line widths, offsets etc.

How do I convert an existing line into a simple wall 0.15m wide with no cavities. [Confused] I am using VW11.5 landscape on PC

Thanks

-Ian

[ 06-29-2005, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: IanH ]

Thanks for your assistance but it is not behaving like you explain.

1. It keeps reverting to the same wall type - even if setting it immediately prior to the Object from polyline with "AEC/Select wall type"

2. None of the wall types are what I want to use. I am unable to create one from scratch but have now managed to redefine one for my purposes, but this trashes the original.

?

Hi Jonathan

I am running Landscape student edition standalone. In the "AEC/Select wall style" dialogue box, the options for Add, Remove and Duplicate are greyed out.

Yes, it does appear to be behaving weird, but then I am not very experienced with this package so I do not know what is nowmal or what is not!

Thanks for your help