Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Popup control with submenus

Paolo

Hello,

Is there a way to get a pulldown control in a VectorScript dialog that may have items with submenus, like the classes pulldown menu?

I have explored functions the topic "Dialogs - Modern" of the VectorScript references, but did not find any clue.

Yes, there is a tree control, but I have to remain in the size of a popup (more or less) for space needs.

Any help?

Thanks,

Paolo

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 14.44.29.png

Thank you for the answer.

Is the list browser you mention, the so called “tree control”?

I need a pulldown menu that acts like the class pulldown menu, but I have to populate it with folder names contained in nested folders.

Currently I have to keep all folders together to have “one level” only for these pulldown menu limitations, but I’d like to have subfolders (and submenus)...

As JBenghiat said, there is no way to create a pulldown with submenus out of the box but you can simulate something similar. Before the tree control, I had the same problem trying to show symbols located in subfolders. It has been a long time but I think what I did was to mark folders that had submenus. When the user click the marked folder, I would clear the menu and show the contents of the parent folder with the parent as the first item and then the contents offset by a couple of spaces. When the user clicked the parent header folder, I would show the higher level once again.

Of course you need to keep track somehow the relationship between parent and nested items or folders.

• Like 1
On 8/31/2019 at 1:50 PM, Paolo said:

Is the list browser you mention, the so called “tree control”?

The list browser is what's used in the Organization Dialog to show nested classes.

On 8/31/2019 at 1:50 PM, Paolo said:

I need a pulldown menu that acts like the class pulldown menu, but I have to populate it with folder names contained in nested folders.

Currently I have to keep all folders together to have “one level” only for these pulldown menu limitations, but I’d like to have subfolders (and submenus)...

The quick and dirty solution for this is not unlike @Miguel Barrera's solution: use a list box to display all folders, including a Top or Root option. Show all sub folders prepended with spaces. Use a second list box to the right with the contents of each older. Before resource manager pop-ups, this is how most of VW's symbol selection dialogs worked.

• Like 1