Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
josue Corona

object to symbol

Hello 😄

In vector work is there a way or even a script that turns an object into a existing symbol. 

For example lets say i have multiple identical object in the design layers.

what I do now is converts symbol and then I go and delete the other that are the same but then I have to past the one that I converted to symbol in its place.

What I want is just to highlight the others and convert it into the symbol that I already made . 

There is already a menu command that does this, under Modify>Convert

Modify>Convert>Replace with symbol..

You have to make one symbol first, then select the objects you want to replace with symbols, then run the command.

thanks for going more in depth with finding the command, but its weird on my side I don't have it and I already went inside my works space. to try to find it. it is not there thou.

@josue Corona, what version and modules of Vectorworks do you have? Possibly, the command is not part of Fundamentals.

I believe you should be able to find the command in the Spotlight workspace but not in Fundamentals.

Are you using a localized version?