Dimensioning

Is it possible to create a 2D from a 3D. The reason I ask is this...I have an extensive 3D drawing that I would like to dimension. Since it is in 3D the circular dimensioning tools to not pick up the data like 2D. I know I can use viewports for the views but they do not dimension like 2D...Newbe Hope someone can advise

Thanks

RT

RET - the following method can be used to create a static 2D version of your 3D information. It works in any 3D view but please note that it will not live update.

- Edit / Select All

- Tool / Convert Copy to Lines. Say yes to Hidden Line View (Do not use Conver to Lines as this will convert your 3D to 2D permanently)

- Edit Cut the grouped line object from the drawing

- Edit / Paste into a new layer.

- Repeat for each required view.

You will need to clean up the results. There is an Optimise Drawing plug in which can be purchased from the VectorBits site which can help with this. www.vectorbits.com

You will also need to recompose the line segments forming arcs and circles to get them back into being real objects.

It is not really a good process and you will still have to fudge some of the dimensioning.