Ali_Landcape

Hardscaping on a slope

Question

Hi 

I am new to Vectorworks and I am trying to figure out the best way to hardscape a slope. It is a winding, sloped pathway that becomes level at a few spaces (at the bends) (these are irregular shapes)

I also have some reflective ponds to build in the level areas.

I would like to use something that has a depth so that I can cut sections (showing all the hardscape layers) and I would like these to eventually be part of a bill of quantities report.

What is the best tool/ combo of tools to use?

Also, I cannot seem to get Pad modifiers with retaining wall right. It always seems as tho the retaining edge (one with vertices you can edit?) goes below the other edge. I cannot seem to get the elevation right OR the space between the two edges 

Please help!

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm new to vwx too and getting my head around this, but I recently did something similar by setting up a terrain with the stake tool. Adding a stake at the top and btm of a retained edge to create a short slope which I hid within a wall. 

Then used a texture bed, which is one of the site modifying options. 

In my first iteration I used a number of 3D polygons. This may help if you are creating a pond? 

I'm sure someone more competent may come along shortly to help - but this might give you something to play with in the mean time.

atb, 

Josh

Thanks Josh, I have used a texture bed but unfortunately I cannot see how to give it depth (for a section). Do you know?