Plant list "comments" field in schedule ?

In the define plant dialog box there is a "schedule comments" field that one would assume the text here would show up in the remarks cells in the plant list worksheet. I assume this because the other fields such as species, common name, schedule size, work like this. But it does not. After reading the Plant Database post by Justine, I realised that the remarks field in the plant list is accessed by the notes: field in object info dialog box. This seems somewhat counter intuitive because: 1. That schedule comments field in the plant dialog box appears to do nothing, 2. If you do not have the same comment in the notes field for every instance that plant is used, the remarks field in the schedule shows blank. You have to manually imput it into every instance versus it being automatically filled in like the other fields in the define plant dialog box. Am I missing something here ? Is there an easier way ? What is the schedule comments field for if not to put in comments into the schedlue ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The schedule comments field is the default value. Because you might want to alter the comments for a single placed plant, the schedule comments do not update for existing plants on the drawing. If, however, you place a new plant, the schedule comments will carry over. Perhaps the label in the define plant dialog should read "DEFAULT schedule comments"?