Best way to insert exterior walls into a site model?

Phileas

What would be the best way to insert exterior walls like these into a site model?

1918428804_Capturedecran2019-04-30a15_35_47.thumb.png.322413b7bf2b44c9e9ab434d12a004ba.png

I've got walls that retain the terrain running next to "pad" site modifier objects, and would like to know how I should cut out the terrain to insert a wall without having the conflict of multiple pad objects having overlaping edges at different heights, which is a paradox for VW.

Although Site Modifiers cannot actually touch, they can be VERY close to each other. In this situation, which is pretty common, I would suggest placing your different height  Pads about 1" apart from each other and surrounded by a single Grade Limits Object, with the 'seam' at or near the center of the wall. This will result in a slightly sloped (non-vertical) step, but the step will be hidden by the wall. It will throw off the Cut & Fill calc's by a hair, but if done with care it will present well visually.

Some time ago (years I think?) I posted a much longer explanation of this, but I couldn't find it. I think this should give you the basics. Post back with follow up questions as needed. 

P

• Like 1