jonp0001

similar to ACAD fence command?

Does VW have a fence command similar to AutoCad that allows you to trim or extend a large number of lines at the same time by drawing a line or crossing selection box through all the lines you want to extend / trim?

Attached is an example - I've set vertical brick coursing setting out, but now need to execute a multiple trim command to the vertical wall lines indicated red. In Acad I can select one of the red lines as a cutting edge then back select (select crossings) in one click and drag command to trim all of the lines in one stroke. I did wonder if shift / option then back select click and drag would work - but no joy when selecting with a command active.

Cheers!

Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 13.53.12.png

If you want to stretch all the lines select all the lines using a window or cross selection.   Grab one of the grip points at the end of one of the lines and drag in the direction you want to go they will all stretch.

If you want to cut all the lines look at the clip tool on basic tool palette.  (looks like an old school eraser).  Check all the different modes -Include/exclude/overlap.