Where is that symbol?

I find the three pulldowns at the top of the resource browser awkward to learn. I can never find anything. Even if I read the manuals etc, I'm still fumbling. Any clues?

In addition, it would be great if there was a catalog of symbols. For instance, I'm looking for a nice north arrow, and have opened several documents looking for one. If I had a catalog, I could flip through the pages and say, yea, that one; then go get it.

Has anyone ever created such a catalog? Is this something that I could get a script to do?

Andy

A symbol manual would be handy, but the logistics of producing it for all of the different markets would be horrendous.

You are better off becoming familiar with what Library files contain what, and then choosing which ones you want in your 'Favourites'. ie. the files you always want to see when you go to the resource browser.

I would start off by Removing all Favorites.

Then Browse the Library files one by one to see what they contain. When you find one which you would like to see all the time use Add New Favourite to add it to your favourite list.

You can still access all of the other Library files by using Browse a Document.

You can also create your own Library files and add these to your 'Favorites' list. I have a folder of my own Library files which resides in the VW application folder. As I create or collect new symbols or other resources I add them to these Library files so that I can easily re-use them later.

The Files and Folder pop-up at the top is your file manager if you like where you select which files you want as 'Favourites' (ie. which ones you want to always see when you go to your resources), or browse, or remove etc.

The button below this is where you select which file you want to obtain Resources from to import into your current selected drawing. All of your open drawings will also appear at the top of this list.

The bottom button is where you select from sub-folders within each Library file.

The Resources pop-up provides options for managing your resources in the current selected drawing in the "Favourites' list. Note that you can only modify resources in drawings that are open.

Hope this helps.