MRD Mark Ridgewell

VW 2019 mTextur import texture

I really like the way a link to the mtextur website is integrated into Vectorworks - so you get all the benefits of mtextur's well laid out product browser (try it if you haven't already)!

However, I haven't managed to download any textures using it yet. I select the texture I want and then select 'CAD & BIM texture download' icon. Then it freezes and VW crashes.

Is this just me or anyone else had success with it (or same issue?) . Is it my system set-up - any ideas?!

I tried it out the other day and it worked really well. No crashes at all........

Chrome. But it opens its own browser within Vectorworks . When you eventually get this sorted out you’ll find it’s rather well done!

still having this issue - any ideas, anyone?!

Possibly one the most useful vectorworks functions of late and I can't get it to work! Really frustrating.

However, the textures themselves are a bit hit and miss... 

I've only looked at the Forbo textures which seem pretty good (one of the ranges I wanted was missing though).

The biggest challenge I find using textures in VW (apart from finding a good image for the product you want in the first place) is setting the scale right. Some Manufacturers (see image) show an 'image size' on their website, which really helps.

190213_forum_sample_size.thumb.JPG.9e55020baea25784782ec6d031e04750.JPG