JMR

Name of a color in a palette to worksheet

Hi all,

So I have set up custom palettes with named colors, eg. I have a "Floor" palette with different, named epoxy colors such as "Nanten 340" etc.

I use these palettes and color to visually assing the space object fill. Once I've a nice color scheme, I'd like to read the info to a worksheet directly.

The problem is, I can't find a suitable function.

I can find image, image fill, hatch etc. but not a function or a record for a color name in a palette. I've used this succesfully with images by grabbing a flooring carpet image from a manufacturer's website, naming it correctly and importing that into VW and then assigning the image fill to a space object. Then I can just read the info to my worksheet.

However, this requires the extra step of creating an image and quite often one can do with colour codes(names) alone.

I can also find a way to get the RGB values of the fills but this is not helpful really.

Any ideas? Is there such a function/search criteria?

Thanks