Sebastiaan

Spotlight numbering: one more increment option

Question

I am very excited about the spotlight numbering tool. I solves most of my annoyances with instrument numbering. 

There is just one more thing that would make this great new tool fabulous: The option to trigger the increment of one used field by the "limit restart at" of another used field. 

So if I were to set the field Circuit Number to restart at 6 (a soca multicable) then this would trigger the field Circuit name to increment by the set value for this field. 

Then I would not have to go back to the Spotlight Numbering tool after each soca is full, but just continue numbering as long as I need to.

This could look like another check box saying: Increment at Limit Restart of field: (and then a drop down holding each field that has a "Limit Restart at" set

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, LenLindhout said:

That would definatly be a great update!  That would also work for dmx adressesing I presume??

In my opinion it should work for any selected field. 

Hi there,

is someone looking at this? This would be a small but great improvement for v2020 SP1.. Hope this will be implemented soon!