Changing Scale and Print Area moving

Example:

I have a drawing with multiple layers and a couple of them have differnt scales.

My 0,0 origin is in the lower left side of the screen. My print area is ANSI D. When I change the scale of a layer it stays at the 0,0 origin, but the print area is 4000' feet away.

Very frustrating stuff.

Help.

the default in VW is to have the center of the drawing @ 0,0. it is a different setup than autocad (which is what you seem to have). in this way anytime the drawing print area is changed, the drawing size changed around that center. this works really well when you are printing reduced sized sheets.

however, changing the layer scale will ALWAYS mess up the sheet layout. you will have to manually move the re-scaled items back onto the page by grabbing the stuff and moving it, creating a layer link, or using the viewports (if you are working in VW 11).

you should try to avoid changing the layer scales in mid drawing- it will mess up text and dimesnion sizes. the great thing about vw is being able to set up views of multiple layers w/different scales that are on one sheet. hope this helps...