Help! Title Block Won't Update

nwfonseca

Question

VERSION OF VW "2011"
I have a title block in a document, and I made edits to the the title block in the file "simple title blocks" but I can't make the title block in my working file take the attributes. Here is the process I go through, am I going about it the wrong way?
What I do to update the title block since there is no refresh button is as follows. I go to the document in the "sheet borders and title blocks" folder in the program folder. I have the title block I created in the document titled "simple title blocks" I go to the title block symbol and edit the text. "I noticed that I accidentally didn't use the same font so I fixed it" After making the edits I save and close the "simple title blocks" document. I then go to my working file but the title block doesn't reflect the edits I made to the "parent title block" I don't see a way to refresh the title block, so I click on the title block and  select the title title block button in the Object Info Pallet. That opens an import title block dialogue box. When I choose the title block that I edited "the same one that is in my working document" rather than overriding the settings it reverts to an older version of the title block and uses an old record format rather than the one attributed to the title block.
What do you think? Should the title block symbol live in the working document? I also need to be able to share the title block with coworkers on different machines. I want to be able to have a master file of the title block so that if others make bad edits to the title block there is a master that doesn't change. Is that possible?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet