Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
Matt Bailey

Spaces from List - Editing an existing Marionette Script

Hello,

Very new to this, so apologies if the description is not precise enough.

Currently using the Marionette script 'Spaces from List’.

Using it to convert an Architecture Competition Room Program (Excel sheet) into VW ‘Rooms’ labelled with Room name, Room number and Area. (there are 850 rooms)

It works.

However, now I would like to add an additional piece of information ‘Room Area type’.

As I understand I must add additional Column in the Vectorworks Table and also an additional Node in the equation?

So far no success.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Thanks a lot. 

Matt

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 11.56.24.png

Posted (edited)

1. The Input Wrapper automatically will detect the new row and read it out. So create your additional row

Maybe disconnect from space creation to get faster testing. Use pass node and "bug" method to see, what data flowing through the wires. Also goot hint is to place some valve nodes to divide the network and to not execute parts of it.

2. The "Unnest List" Node will return the additional row at e3

3. To Attach that values to the space, use the "Set Record Field". Record Name is 'Space' Field Name you can find out with a Worksheet from one of your space object.

I think you want to have '11_Occupant'

4. Maybe try first to input ONE Space with the Name input and set the record field to see, if that works. Maybe you have to reset the space first. It's a popup field so this could maybe fail first try. 

Set Record.png

New Row output.png

Edited by DomC