Vectorworks stopped working

glittersintherain

Question

I haven't opened Vectorworks for a couple of months and went to open it a few days ago. It opened fine but when I tried to load a previous file it caused the program to crash. I also tried to create a new file which caused the same problem. I thought as I was still using 2017 it may help if I downloaded 2018. Unfortunately I had exactly the same problem with this version to. The only thing I can think is that one pf my computer updates has caused this. I have tried to look at uninstalling recent windows updates but it wont let me. Is there anything anyone can think of that I could try? Any permissions that may have changed? I'm running windows 10 version 1709.

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, It looks like this machine has both a dedicated graphics card and an integrated intel one, and both of those cards have a broken driver. This would also possibly mean you have other broken drivers as well for this machine that could cause problems later even outside Vectorworks. Since this is an Alienware machine, it's best to get the driver set directly from them. Close all running applications and then download all available drivers from this location:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/alienware-15/drivers

(On the right there is a list of checkboxes, you can check all of them and then download them all at once)

After downloading and installing all of these, reboot the machine and try running Vectorworks again. If it still fails, run the dxdiag utility again and send me the newly resulting file please.

@JimW Thank you for this. I downloaded all the drivers for my laptop from the dell website. I also tried to upgrade directx. I restarted multiple times for all these changes. Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same problem. I presume the drivers have not been fixed. I have created a new dxdiag file for you. If you could take a look again that would be great. Thank you.

DxDiag.txt