Can't access VW software or licence

darcyv

Question

Hi there

I signed up for the free education licence and created my account with VectorWorks today. I also submitted my valid Inchbald Design School student card.

However, I am not receiving any licence nor am I able to download any software to practice on.

I was just wondering whether anyone can help. Is it normal to wait for the licence?

There was no notification that I should wait to get it. My VW account status is NEW and it says there is 'no new software to download'.

Thank you!

Darcy

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

On the student portal, along the left, there will be a section for you to request the software itself, it looks like the account alone was created. But yes, someone will need to approve it after the software request is submitted.

• Like 1

Hi Jim

thank you for your answer and yes, I have clicked on the REQUEST LICENCE button many times. I assume that's what you mean.

After clicking it, it just keeps saying THERE IS NO NEW SOFTWARE AVAILABLE.

No mention that I have requested a licence and should wait for notification or email with the licence number.

Do I normally get an email with the licence number? 

Shall I try again with a new email address? Perhaps something has gone wrong...

Kind regards

Darcy