Hozie

Final Quality renders as Jagged Polygons instead of true surface

Question

Hey everyone, thanks in advance for your consideration.

I have been using VectorWorks for about 2.5 years (Im using VectorWorks 2016 SP6 for Mac) (I have attached a specs list of my Mac in the attachments )

I am trying to do a 3d Perspective View of a room, it has Wall, Door and Window objects along with some furniture items imported as sketch-up objects.

It works all-right if i view it in wire-frame mode, but when i go to OpenGl (occasionally) or Final quality (always) it gets garbled and doesn't produce a correct image.

For some reason, shaded and other polygons modes are working fine as well.

Im only facing issues with Final Quality and Open Gl modes.

Please let me know if i am doing something wrong or should check some setting,

(My 3d visualising setting is set to maximum :  VectorWorks>Preferences>3d Rotation>Detailed)

I have worked on a similar project last month with lots of sketch-up objects and not faced any issues. (I am adding an image of this file as well)

Thanks for helping ! 

3d-Rahul_sir.vwx

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.17.12 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.13.53 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.16.56 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 2.25.00 pm.png

RESI-RESTAURANT_1.png

7 answers to this question

How far is your geometry from the document origin? I've seen that strangeness before when far off of it. Moving it all back to 0,0,0 however would correct it right away if that were the case.

• Like 1

Hey, is there a clean way to move all my objects to the centre of the origin ? It is pretty far from the origin right now, i dont know which command to use to resolve the conflict

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 6.09.06 pm.png

Edited by Hozie

You can group everything, then use Modify > Move and move it the negative of it's current values, I think that should be the quickest way other than dragging it over.

• Like 1

Hi Jim ! 

I grouped all objects and moved it to the origin usinf cmd+M (in all 3 axis) but im still facing the same issue.

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 6.47.05 pm.png

Make sure there isnt anything still floating off in space, Select All and then View > Zoom > Fit to Objects will usually make this clear.

If it still doesnt work after that, send me that file in a direct message please and I can take a look.

Ahh, looks like there was an issue with the files origin, I tried resetting it within the file but the issue remained. I was able to fix it by doing the following to bring the geometry into a new file:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inputs ! 

Have a nice day :):)