how do you organize your colour/hatch material library?

You could create a custom colour palette using the Custom Colors button in the colours section of the attribute palette. I have a palette of specific colours that I always use as a way of keeping my drawing style consistent between projects. 

5ab7f7c9bb388_ScreenShot2018-03-25at20_21_28.thumb.png.8f83085d1dfecdb7055e76046ccc3ed5.png

With Hatches you can do something similar and store a file of hatches in the Defaults/Attributes/hatches folder of your user folder. For instance you could have a folder of hatches for a particular type of project........

5ab7f7f33ee5d_ScreenShot2018-03-25at20_24_39.thumb.png.352f6c6703ad8de15a5463884f9f190a.png

Come back with any questions.

Edited by markdd
On 25/03/2018 at 4:43 AM, BOBBY ONG said:

I have a few colours and hatch patterns which I create for a specific brand

(Not withstanding @markdd's excellent advice - as it was folders you asked about) If items are specific to Brand, you could create VW templates for each Brand with a saved 'palette' of the colours and hatches on the opening blank page (well, off to one corner?) ready to be be conveniently picked with the Eyedropper Tool. This way you can always find client specific stuff in one place rather than a series of different folders.

5ab8c7fda8aca_ScreenShot2018-03-26at11_13_35.thumb.png.159eefe337607c995b11044865f7ee48.png

I've done this with client's logo's and other branding. I also keep things like the 'special corporate chair' they use in all of their offices as a 3D symbol ready for use.

Although - once you've created a design for your client, you've got basically all you need on that file for copying next time they come back to you. If all the client info is on a Layer called (say) CLIENT INFO it's available to you even if you want to duplicate/new name the older file and start afresh by deleting the older job design layers. 

In the end - whatever works best for you. Thats the flexibility of VW.