Barry G. Smith, PE

2018 Fundamentals - Tabbing into floating data bar

Question

2018 Fundamentals - When using various tools - tabbing into the floating data bar does not work.  I also have 2017 Fundamentals installed on the same machine and it works fine.  I do not know the settings for activating the Tab to floating data bar functionality.  Can someone set me straight?

3 answers to this question

Sorry, checking the obvious first: You don't have the third option selected? Either of the first two should give you Databar / HUD access.

Vectorworks 2018ScreenSnapz039.jpg

These settings were identical between the 2017 and 2018 instances.  However, I shut down for the evening and restarted this morning and the problem has gone away.  Thanks for your valuable and prompt assistance.

Has your version of VW2018 been updated to the current version (Service Pack 2)? There were some issues with tabbing into the floating data bar in the initial release. I would make sure you are up-to-date.

Kevin