Can't uninstall VW 2011

nwfonseca

Question

Hi, I'm having a weird issue printing to PDF. It just hits the post script dialogue and wont go farther. I've already talked with tech support and they have have the file I was working in but I haven't heard anything back. I don't think the file is corrupt as I can print anything even in a new file. I've tried rolling back windows, reinstalling adobe, and I attempted to reinstall Vectorworks. I found that Vectorworks doesn't show up in Programs And Features. Additionally, there is no uninstall application extension file or application file in the VW folder. How do I properly uninstall to be sure I cleanly uninstall the program for reinstall? I tried deleting the folder in C: Program Files X86: Vectorworks 2011. I am not sure if that truly removed all the files.

Any help would be appreciated. I am now unable to work properly if I cant easily share files.

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks 2011 doesn't have a built in uninstaller and doesnt show up in Programs and Features (Modern versions do as you would expect) but the full uninstall steps for older versions such as 2011 can be found here:

However, make sure to use File > Export PDF rather than Print PDF unless you have Fundamentals.

1 hour ago, JimW said:

Vectorworks 2011 doesn't have a built in uninstaller and doesnt show up in Programs and Features (Modern versions do as you would expect) but the full uninstall steps for older versions such as 2011 can be found here:

However, make sure to use File > Export PDF rather than Print PDF unless you have Fundamentals.

I wouldn't consider 2011 to not be modern. It isn't as though I am running an antiquated application. It would have been nice if Vectorworks offered the upgrade price on 2011 then I could maybe and I mean maybe afford to buy that.