Bottom and top of circle/arc (quadrant)

Hello,

I am currently in the process of switching from Autocad LT to Vectorworks 9.5. In Autocad I use the "Quadrant" snap. It allows me to snap to the points on the axis of the center of the arc or circle (the 3, 6, 9, and 12:00 positions on a clock). How can this be done in Vectorworks? Any insight will be appreciated. Thank you.

Tom

Nicholas,

Thanks for responding. The "quadrants" show for complete circles (360 degrees). However, they do not show on portions of a circle (arc). For example, is there a way to find the bottom of an arc? How do I draw a horizontal line tangent to the bottom of an arc?

Tom

Firstly, in VW Arcs, polylines etc are not "lines" but surfaces. (set an arc to have a solid or pattern fill to see this)

The surface is defined by the centre and the extents of the arc and not by the theoretical circle of which they could be seen to be a segment. Consequently arcs can be "divided" alomg their length by the "Along Line" constraint, but not by theoretical quadrants.

"Quadrants" of an arc, however, by definition are aligned with its centre. If you have Angle and Object Snaps on and hold the cursor over the centre till it picks it up as the datum, you can then move the cursor vertical or horizontal till you get the Object/Vertical showing and that's the point you want.

cheers,

[ 05-27-2004, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: propstuff ]