Double Click Frustration

My fellow posters: I want to disable this feature!

I am perfectly capable to edit using the shortcut keys...I like it. I'm used to it. It works for me.

I like to double click to release me from certain tools back to the 2D selector.

I'll give the mouse sensitivity a try, but in my opinion this "double click edit" is a feature that I can totally do without

You can key the "x" key twice to bring you back to the 2d selection tool and deselect anything that is selected.

I understand you would like the ability to disable this feature in the future. I have added it to the wish list.

I have done this as well ?had a double click response to a ctrl click.

The problem is the unneeded selection click. if you click on an object once without a modifier and then immediately afterwards with the ctrl key modifier pressed the system takes it as a double click.

The solution is rather simple, do not click once to select the object and then right (or ctrl) click again to do the operation. All you need to do is directly right-click or ctrl click on the object you want to perform an operation on.

If you do this you will have two benefits, one you'll save the time you now spend clicking to select your object (trivial amounts) and two you'll save time because you still have the double click edit feature.

I would hate to go back to the old days of having to use a key command to edit objects, that feature alone saves me minutes every single day.

Hope this solves you problem

[ 05-14-2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: ionw ]

Thanks for the explanation Ion. I just tried your suggestion. I was also finding that when I dupicated in place I sporatically got an original, a intended duplicated copy, and an unintended copy over the original. This is probably why.

I will try to impliment that method of duplicating in place... Personally, it will take some getting used to.

It's frustrating, at least to me, to be able to draw at a certain speed and then upgrade and hit a new VW timesaver that doesn't save me any substantial time, but interupts my flow of drawing.

I also find that I need the emotional security that I get when I can see those black handles around the intended symbol/object/whatever I'm about to duplicate. The drawings I do are as crowded with info as everybody-elses probably are and I just think I'm going to duplicate the wrong thing. I also grab symbols/objects/whatever across multiple layers to duplicate so I need to obviously pre-select them before the duplicate in place. I just think it's just a subjective "muscle memory" procedure honed over many years and honestly I really never considered the edit key stroke much of a time consumer (Plus I get paid by the hour...)

I just wish I could disable this particular double click edit feature.