MAC to PC compatability

Buzcheva

Question

Morning all

We have 2 MAC users in the office (lets call them MAC 1 and MAC 2), everyone else is on a PC.

Drawings opened/edited/saved from MAC 1 can be opened on any of the other PCS.

Drawings opened/edited/saved from MAC 2 can not be opened by anyone on a PC thereafter (i have attached an image of the  error message). In order to use the drawing again it has to be copied to desktop then renamed then reopened. The problem doesnt stop there. Last time it happened I tried to save over the previous MAC 2 opened drawing however it said the file was not found....even though its there in the folder. I have had to create a new folder and rebadge all the drawings.

MAC 1 doesnt have any of these issues.

Any ideas?

error.JPG

7 answers to this question

Did you try running the repair permissions on the Mac2?

Are all VW versions the same?

Are the files stored on a network drive ? If yes, is it stored in a common folder or a user-specific folder? If the latter it could be an access issue given the directory not found error message.

Just a few questions to get a better idea of the situation.

On 21/09/2017 at 3:23 PM, Art V said:

Can MAC1 open the files from MAC2 without the issues that the PC users have? That is something I don't see mentioned. If MAC1 has problems too then it may be that MAC2 might be locking the folder/file in some way that prevents access by the PC users (and MAC1).

Yes - Both Macs can open the drawings after each other has opened it. Its had the office baffled. Although not a permanent fix i have just told my boss not to open any of my drawings again.