Curtain Wall Doors will not Show in Door Schedules (Help)

billgore

I have a project with a lot of Curtain Walls With Doors.  I Created the Curtain Wall using the wall tool and inserted a door,  Then turned the entire curtain wall assembly into a symbol so it could be added into a standard wall.  When I create my door Schedules the doors do not show.  How can I make this work?  Also the Door ID Tags do not rotate horizontal even with the horizontal setting checked.

Check your schedule database criteria and make sure that the In Symbol option is checked.

You have to go to the Worksheet View menu and make sure that Database Headers is checked. Then right click in the row header (i.e. 3, not 3.1) for the database row and then choose Edit Criteria.

While you are editing the criteria you might also want to look a limiting the layers that are shown. Otherwise your schedule and counts will be off because VW counts both the original on the Design Layer and the instances in each viewport.

Pat,

You Saved the day.  That did the trick worked perfectly.  Do you have any idea why the ID tags for the doors might not rotate horizontal?

I have the setting for horizontal checked in the door settings.  Something happens after I insert the door into the curtain wall and get all my settings plugged in for the door that I want.  I save the curtain wall as a symbol and then place it in a wall and the ID tag stays fixed and will not rotate.