Plant list schedule size and entering scheduled size data ?

Viper x

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The Plant List is a VectorWorks worksheet, it can be changed in size by changing the width of its columns and by changing the size of the text in its rows.

The Scheduled Size for a specific entry in the Plant Catalog is a part of that plant definition. It is the bottom field on the left side of the Define Plant dialog box. You should enter the desired information here, then this will automatically be updated for all plants of that type.

Since this data is part of the plant definition and is maintained by the plant definition, you should not manually enter this data in the plant record as the plant will overwrite it when it regenerates.

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Anderson:

The Plant List is a VectorWorks worksheet, it can be changed in size by changing the width of its columns and by changing the size of the text in its rows.

---------------

Do this mean I can not just pick up the box in a corner say and drag it horizontally to resize the box to fit into an A4 size drawing for instance, as when you import the Plant List it comes in much bigger than A4 ? rather the size has to changed manually by reducing text and row width etc, ?

---------------------------------------

The Scheduled Size for a specific entry in the Plant Catalog is a part of that plant definition. It is the bottom field on the left side of the Define Plant dialog box. You should enter the desired information here, then this will automatically be updated for all plants of that type.

Since this data is part of the plant definition and is maintained by the plant definition, you should not manually enter this data in the plant record as the plant will overwrite it when it regenerates.

---------------------

Do this mean I can not enter new data in the Object - info - data box when a plant is in a drawing already but I need to add things like scheduled size , ie it has to be done at the plant define level and can not be post entered in " Data " ?

Thanks Viper x

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You cannot drag-reshape a worksheet used as a graphic object. Take a look at the topic "Worksheets as Graphic objects" in your on-line help for VectorWorks.

As to your second question, you should -not- enter this information, even when the plant is already placed. If you add this information to the plant definition (i.e. the plant catalog entry), it will be updated for all examples of that plant in the drawing.