Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Community Resources - Marionette Sharing

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello all!

I'm pleased to present one of the many items we have been working on. This new Marionette section is a new tool to share, rate and explain various Marionette nodes, networks and objects created or modified by members of the community. 

A few of you had recommended something like this in the past, it had long been in discussions here but took some internal deliberation and customization to get things right for its first release. Later down the line we plan to add other categories to this section as well to replace the old Resource Share subforums some of you may have been familiar with, but Marionette had the strongest need so we went for it first.

Any user, logged in or not is free to search and browse through the items that already exist, but one must be logged in to enable downloading and uploading of files. I go into a bit more detail here:

We took the liberty of adding a few items from existing forum posts and some from before the forum upgrade, but control of these items has been turned over to their original creators as of this post and their original creators may do with them as they see fit. Please feel free to go back over any items you may have posted previously and upload them into this new system, if you have any items that lost their attachments during the forum transition, please let me know and I can restore them.

As always, we are taking feedback on ways to enhance this system and make it even more useful to you. Please don't hesitate to chime in with ideas or concerns. I hope you find the addition useful. More to come.

• Like 4
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
9 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

Great to have a location for all these. My thinking is that it will become an long an unwieldy library to navigate as it grows. Maybe folders for categories. EAP, Image Props. ?????? Input please 

Agreed, it's designed to be a series of sections and subsections, for now its just the three but as it grows we will expand the sorting system, as well as sections for Texture libraries, Symbols and other useful resources that arent related to marionette.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Since I upgraded from VW2015 to VW2018 & 2019 two weeks later I try to educate myself in Marionette

after downloading some files and opening in VW2019, I found when trying to  edit an object all the nodes where stacked one on top of the other

(bit of an headache to unravel )

but opening this file in 2018 everything is nicely spread out and a bit easier to understand.

Can someone maybe confirm this glitch this is file 6 of the marionette tute try in 2018 & 2019

Marionette-part6-start.vwx