3D Connection Space Mouse not revolving around object?

1.        In Walk-thru mode with an object selected and the mode being preferenced to Object Center, it still doesn't revolve around the object.  It seems stuck in View center.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Or is this a known bug?

2.        I know this is tantamount to eating my cake too but, I wish I didn't have to have my hand OFF of the Space Mouse in order to select an object with the other mouse.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

1) Object Center mode is only for using Flyover, it doesnt affect Walkthrough view modes with either the Walkthrough tool itself or 3DConnexion devices, since those modes place the center of rotation behind the viewers "head"

2) I use the Spacemouse in my left hand and the regular mouse with my right if thats what you mean. However as to the other interpretation of your question which i think is what you were getting at: selecting WHILE moving the spacemouse I can see as being useful, but that can't happen until we separate Views from Tools as discussed here:

7 minutes ago, JimW said:

1) Object Center mode is only for using Flyover, it doesnt affect Walkthrough view modes with either the Walkthrough tool itself or 3DConnexion devices, since those modes place the center of rotation behind the viewers "head"

My confusion is about the fact that the Object Center Mode is available and selectable whilst in walk-thru and actually walking thru.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you click the Walkthrough tool in the Visualization toolset, you see Object Center as a mode button?

The 3DConnexion interface is "special", they temporarily spring into either flyover or walkthrough, but the mode buttons don't affect those "special" view scenarios. If anything the bug is that those modes aren't grayed out entirely when the spacenavigator is in use,, they aren't supposed to affect navigation when in Walkthrough mode using one of the devices.

• 4 months later...