Edit Extrude...

When I'm working in a 3d  model, furniture in my case, I've been finding that a single mouse click on an element will randomly open the "Edit Extrude" window. Shouldn't this be brought forward by a double mouse click? I can single click various elements in a drawing without the "edit extrude" window opening but then, when I single click another random element, the edit extrude window opens. I believe this started with 2017 and wondering if there's a preference or other setting that I need to change. I've checked my mouse preferences, VW preferences, document preferences, etc....can't find anything related to this. What am I missing here? 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yup yup, It's pretty common in a heavily used mouse. The switch under the button just starts to wear out and when it becomes more severe, the mouse can register clicks completely at random or constantly. 

In wired mice, it's almost always component wear and you need to replace the switch or the mouse completely. In wireless mice, it's important to remember to swap out the battery regularly (I'm cheap so I use rechargable AAs) as low battery behavior can sometimes have similar symptoms to component wear but more intermittent.