handrail/fencing tool v17

just getting to grips with this tool in vectorworks 2017, so please forgive the terminology

trying to create this post with a 170mm diameter base fixing flange

can't seem to find a way of creating this base flange in the settings menu wondered if you create a custom tube post.......thanks...  the attachment shows a version 16 and i have modelled the tube post and saved it as a symbol this is what i am trying to achieve

thanks all

tube post.jpg

yes it would be nice to customise the settings....but maybe it could fail....... if the profiles are to complicated or as you mentioned barbed wire.

i know this is something that could happen in future releases but until then it's back to the usual way

i usually create a path and do extrude along paths for my rails and create the posts and save as symbols

its takes a bit of time but it works......i guess in hindsight i could have used the tool and added the base flanges after.....may give this a go......  guess this could be the way forward until we get customised settings