Hidden line rendering, real slow in VW 10.5

Hi,

I?m trying to do a simpel hidden line rendering of a table with two tv-monitors and a keyboard on, but it takes ages to render.

like i said, I?m just trying to to do a hidden line rendering witch shouldent take more than a few seconds, but i takes about 15 minutes. This realy drives me crasy and more worse is that it slows my work down extremly....

If anyone have a clue what does this, pleeeease help me....

Kind Regards

/

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Fredrik Amnes:

I?m trying to do a simpel hidden line rendering of a table with two tv-monitors and a keyboard on, but it takes ages to render.

Contact tech support or send the file (with an explanation of the problem, and a description of your system like you had in your posting) to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net. There's really no other way for us to diagnose the issue.

quote:

If anyone have a clue what does this, pleeeease help me....

One question is whether you've set your smoothing angle to a non-zero value. This removes the non-profile lines between faces on on most curved surfaces, which can significantly speed up rendering. Set it to 1.0 and see if that helps.

Hidden line rendering may take much longer than raster rendering (OpenGL/RenderWorks) simply because it has to consider the potential interaction of every surface with every other surface in the drawing.

I notice that you have Vector Works 10.5 with ArtLantis 4.5. Do you have problems with the Artlantis supplied translator like I have?

No, i?ve had no problems at all with Artlantis, works perfectly every time....

I don;t have an answer for you, but have had the same problem. My work around this issue is to use the "tool/convert copy to lines/hidden line" which works much faster.

The thing is that "convert copy to lines/hidden line" is just as slow, it also takes about 15 min just for a simpel drawing...

I?ve tested all kind of alternatives with "smoothing angel" butt no luck.....

anyone have a clue?

[Frown]

quote:

The thing is that "convert copy to lines/hidden line" is just as slow, it also takes about 15 min just for a simpel drawing...

You could try "hiding" bits of your drawing (group an object, then assign the group to an invisible class) to find out whether one particular object is causing the slowdown. It may be that a small, highly-detailed object that has little visible effect on the result taking much of the time, and you can replace it with a simpler version, at least for doing hidden line renderings.

quote:

Ok..... i?ve tried that now.

I came to the conclution that it was the symbols that slowd the whole thing down........... butt why???

If you convert the symbols to groups, is it still just as slow? What is in those symbols?