Multiple sheets for same drawing

Kristen,

My goal was to be able to make multiple sheets attached to the same drawing. I want to make a file but the panels are much larger than I the space on my templates. This will also help me organize them by size when each sheep has a specific name. I have used Excell to create a file with multiple sheets where all information pertains to that file.

Thanks for the other information, solved another question.

Kristen,

I have several objects, same type but different sizes, that are too large(drawn to full scale) to fit on one drawing. I want to have both drawings referenced to the same file when it is opened. Excell has the option that one can create multiple sheets(can have different names) for the same file, these are displayed at the bottom of the page and accessed by selecting that sheet name.

I think that you'll want to use workgroup referencing to set up two separate drawing files that each reference your master drawing.

Your Excel analogy might also apply to using different layers in the same drawing, which you could turn on and off (and save as sheets within the file).

I have limited experience with the fancier aspects of Excel, so I'm still not sure if either of these are what you're going for.

As an example, we put each floor of a building on its own layer in the master drawing. We have sheets set up in the master drawing which turn on classes for floor plan, demo plan, reflected ceiling plan. We use workgroup referencing to set up a separate file for plotting each drawing.

what you are describing, somewhat awkwardly, seems to me can be resolved by using the 'save sheet' command accessed from the bottom left of the file window. this would work well for the 'large objects' (?) you describe. once you enter the sheet setup dialog box, keep the 'save view' buitton checked. when it comes to printing time, though, you might have a challenge if the objects are not within the printing window. you could use the vw 'print current view only' button, but that will be tricky with scale. that is where the workgroup reference tool will come in handy...

i have never 'drawn' in excel but recently saw that someone did a crude plan use it! i don't have a clue how one can draw accuratley in it, but i do remeber the multiple sheet tabs available in it. vw does not have that type of literal feature. excel is a spreadsheet program, and vw is a graphics program...