Symbol properties based on data values?

What Jim suggests is nice and easy. You would have to enter manually the Status however. This an opportunity for error.

If you require a dynamic link between the record and the symbols' appearance you'll need a script.

If you have any experience with scripting in any language, it wouldn't be hard to write a script that puts an instance of a symbol into a class for it's graphic attributes, and writes whatever you want to whatever field in the record. I assume you're collecting this info in a worksheet for further processing.

This could also be done using a Plug In Oject that has Status as one of it's parameters. In this case the status and the appearance would be seen and changed in a field in the Object Info Palette.

[ 10-17-2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: ccroft ]

I would like to change the value of a symbol based on the value of a field in an attached record.

For instance, I would like to have all symbols that have a STATUS value of 'existing' be colored green and the symbols that have a STATUS value of 'proposed' be a red color.

Do I need to use a script to do this? If so, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Andy