imported dwg with problems

ford519

Question

Hello! I'm a new-ish user so I'm still figuring lots of things out. That said, I can't figure out what is going on with my scene. I've imported a dwg into Vectorworks Spotlight 2017 which I exported from an educational version of Vectorworks. When I switch my layer options to Gray/Snap others, Show/Snap others or Show/Snap/Modify others, I can't snap to other objects, and in Modify other I can't actually modify. Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Make sure both your Class Options as well as your Layer Options are set to Show/Snap/Modify others, there are two separate sets of controls for these under the View menu. Also, check and see if your layers are at different scales (Tools > Organization > Design Layers) as that can sometimes cause unexpected snap/selection behavior.

4 hours ago, JimW said:

Make sure both your Class Options as well as your Layer Options are set to Show/Snap/Modify others, there are two separate sets of controls for these under the View menu. Also, check and see if your layers are at different scales (Tools > Organization > Design Layers) as that can sometimes cause unexpected snap/selection behavior.

Yep! Classes are set to Show/Snap/Modify as well. All layers are at 1:1 scale. Could it be a DWG problem? A 2017 problem?

Edited by ford519