10.5 printing problems

Viper x

Just upgraded to 10.5, created a drawing in 10.5, got my print shop to upgrade their viewer to 10.5 and now they can no longer print any drawings at all.

I went through the same process at another print shop with the same result.

I can manage to print A4 sheets on the small office printer without any problem, as can the print shop but their A1 plotters just offer a "error can not print" , it does not appear the drawing is even spooling and this has happened at 2 seperate shops with different printers.

I had no problems printing when using versions before 10.5

It looks like it is the program at fault and not the print shops machine.

Help please Katie

Thanks

Viper x

I am running windows xp pro and 10.5

[ 09-16-2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

Viper,

Please email or call Tech Support in regards to the problem. I'm no longer working in tech support and they are better equiped to handle the problem than I am in my new dept.

tech@nemetschek.net or 410-290-5114x678

Viper x,

We are looking into this matter. Please indicate which Brand and model of Plotter(s) that these print jobs are being sent to. The following information may help isolate the problem as well.

1. Version of the print/plotter drivers.

2. Is the problem occuring with files that originate from VW 10.5 also? Or only with files made from earlier versions?

3. Is the print shop running Windows XP also?

Hope to help.

They are being sent to OCE 98100 and a XEROX 8830 ( this is not a postscript printer )

The drawing was originated in 10.5 ( it was originally imported as a DWG base plan but this never presented problems before )

The print shop is running windows XP also

This presents a real problem as it renders the the program/drawing useless if I can not get it printed. ( read panic stations [Eek!] )

Look forward to a cure

I have tried another print shop and they have managed to print the drawing ( that has been done in 10.5 ) using an older viewer, version 10. they printed it on a OCE 9600 postscript printer

Is it emerging that "postscript" is the variable ?

Thanks

Viper x [smile]

[ 09-16-2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

Viper x,

We were able to duplicate the problem intermitently on Windows XP systems only. Our engineering department is currently looking into this matter. At this point it doesn't seem to be purely a postscript issue.

Until we can uncover the conflict and/or resolve this issue my suggestion is to continue to use the 10.1.2 viewer in order to get the files plotted. Hope to help.

We have 2 cubes with 10.5 and we can't print to an hp designjet 800ps. we can print to an hp5000. we didn't have these problem in 10.1.2. On an imac I can print fine with 10.1.2. On a g4 I can print fine with 10.5.

Does changing the file in the finder from a vw9.5 to a vw10.5 file affect the file? On some of our files the icon still indicates vw9.5 even thought they have been opened, editted, and saved in vw10.1.2 and 10.5. I cahnged some through the finder to automatically open in vw10.5. i thought this may have created the problem so i changed them back to vw9.5 files (even though I am using vw10.5). I am going to try deleting 10.5 and going back to 10.1.2 (i will miss the windo shade feature, but i can't go running around the office trying to figure which computer will print when i need to get a job out).

Any fixes you have are appreciated.

When you say you can't print - what happens?

Do you get an error message?

Have you gone to the print center while the print is processing to see if you get an error message?

Have you tried running the Clear Print settings script on the file that cannot print?

If you don't have this, contact tech support and they can send you the script and directions.

Have you tried to print a NEW BLANK document in VW 10.5 with a simple square to see if that prints?

[ 10-02-2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

I get and error in the print center that says "pictwpstops - disposing of document". I did a search of that phrase and found people using freehand getting the error as well. However the only fixes were for people with non-os x servers. Our server is running os X.

I go to the plotter and it says "Error flushing rest of job".

I just tried printing a new blank document with a square and it successfully printed. So I guess it is someting with my old documents and 10.5. I tried to print one of the documents i was having trouble with again after the successful print, and it did not print. Definitely a problem with document created in older versions.

I have just requestedt the script and will let you know what happens then.

Until then any other insights/suggestions?