Open GL viewport issues

Moto2

Question

Ive tried various approaches to getting this slvp to render. The issues is when rendered for some reason its showing the studs and roof ridge even tho the wall is solid and roof is rendered w a texture? Any ideas? This is open gl render. All the lineworks is below. No hidden line or dashed hidden line on

IMG_1293.PNG

Edited by Moto2

9 answers to this question

I will have to check. When I move the slvp it moves w it. Yes open gl for background and nothing in foreground. When I go back to design layer it renders correctly within the dl.  I think your onto something tho w those settings as I read some help files today and plan to give that a go tonight when I have access to the file. 

Edited by Moto2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The second set of screenshots now looks like you've changed the file to a black background. With OpenGL for the background and nothing for the foreground I do not see the wireframe lines you describe in your original post, other than where the roof and framing members have been set to have no fill in the attribute palette.

Yes and no. The first image i sent was a print to pdf. The ones with a black background are just a screen shot from vw. Always had the black background.

if i could get the studs and ridgeboard for the structure on the left to show up with background  at gl and and foreground set to none Id be good to go. 

You no lnger see those lines from the first screen shot bc as you suggested i turned foreground to none. If you turn it to wire frame they come back. Sorry for not being more clear.

Edited by Moto2

I solved the issue.  The framer stud fill was by class as black.  It was showing as black in the attributes even though the fill on the design layer graphically was showing as grey.  As soon as I changed it it was showing as I had hoped. Once you alluded to foreground rendering should be set to none, I realized most of my issue was with classing and being somewhat confused by all the rendering options.

Trying to get more confortable with this workflow.  This little project came out better than I thought it would. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Moto2
  • Like 1