Updating Symbol Libraries

Hi

I want to spend a little time updating and rationalising my symbol libraries which are contained in various folders within one drawing.

What I really want to do is streamline my work with regard to use of pen colours. Currently I have over 70 colours in this file and I would like to get that down to just Black and White (for now). Many of my symbols have multiple classes and I need to keep it that way. I have looked into the "Change Symbol Attributes" menu command but this is too general. Is there another way that I could change all the pen and fill colours in all the symbols in my library to Black pen, White fill without editing every symbol (over 800!) I am wondering if anyone out there has written a script to do this.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

You might post this down in the VectorScript and Python forums.

The only way I know to bulk change colors is if they are already assigned by class inside the symbol. Then editing the classes works, and that can be done in bulk.

If they are not by class, there is a script to do that in the shared VS forum, but I'm not sure it works inside a symbol.