Workflow between Vectorworks 2015 and C4D R17

Hello,

I am using Vectorworks 2015 and have recently installed Cinema 4D Visualise R17. In previous versions of C4D I used an export plugin to enable me to export a Vectorworks model into C4D for rendering. With this method, it would create objects in C4D that related to the individual Vectorworks Classes. Most importantly, when I updated the Vectorworks model and re-imported it into C4D, all the textures would remain the same.

In the new Vectorworks, I am able to use the "Export to C4D" command. However with this the classes are converted into layers rather than objects and i have to apply textures to every individual object rather than by class. The worst thing is that if i update the model and import it again into the C4D file, all the textures disappear and I need to re-apply which, as you can image, significantly affects my workflow.

Has anybody else encountered this problem. Is it something to do with the Vectorworks export? Any advice / help is greatly appreciated as it's driving me mad.

Thanks,