default dpi settings for new sheet layer

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I don't believe so (other than doing this via templates for sheets you know you'll need ahead of time but that doesn't help new sheet layers at all) but I want control over it too. For final renderings you need 200+ and I almost always forget to up it from 72 first even though I've done it probably thousands of times.

Submitting request now.

+1 for being able to choose default dpi.

In the meantime you can create a sheet layer with the print settings and dpi that you want, then place it in the Libraries

I often use a Sheet Layer with a Sheet Number of "Render" and a blank Sheet Title, set to 300 dpi 11x17. I also have a sheet that's set to ARCH D, Adobe PDF, number "1", name "Groundplan", at 150 dpi which I use for drafting plates. Both of these I pull from the standards file.

On another note related to importing Sheet Layers, is there a reason that the New Sheet Layer dialogue box displays "Layer Name" and "Layer Description" columns, but "Layer Name" actually displays the sheet layer number, and there's no column that displays the actual sheet name? Seems like the coding was just lazily copied from the Design Layer import settings; it would be great if this were fixed.