Are anyone using 4k monitors?

I am probably investing in a third monitor, and I'm wondering if anyone are using large 4k monitors. I'm considering a 1440p 32 inch as well, seeing that this not will make everything tiny. I don't know if VW2016 have fixed scaling issues at ultra high resolutions.

Anyone have any experience?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks 2015 should have corrected all scaling issues on Macs specifically with Retina displays (3k+) and Vectorworks 2016 has corrected the issues of DPI scaling on Windows.

We have test machines here on 3k+ displays and Vectorworks 2016 is now properly acknowledging both the higher resolution as well as user interface scaling/DPI settings.

2014 and prior will likely look strange on these high res displays or have significant UI anomalies like clipped text in menus and dialogs or incorrectly sized reshape handles.

A 980ti should be able to handle that fairly well.

There are currently issues related to using multiple monitors with Vectorworks specifically where palettes and other UI elements do not behave as expected, but those are unrelated to which graphics card you choose.

A 980ti should be able to handle that fairly well.

There are currently issues related to using multiple monitors with Vectorworks specifically where palettes and other UI elements do not behave as expected, but those are unrelated to which graphics card you choose.

Do these issues include the display during dragging a palette from one screen to another where it leaves a trail of borders and the somewhat difficult positioning of a palette because the drag outline does not really show the actual position?

Aside from that, apart from making sure one has a proper graphics card are there additional things to consider when using two 4K displays in combination with Vectorworks?

The reason I am asking is that I sometimes need a lot of screen real estate so having two 4K monitors is on my list of things to consider.

Twin 4K monitors would be EXTREMELY taxing even on a modern graphics card, that would pretty much limit you to the very highest end gaming cards; The 980ti and the R9 390 specifically at the moment.

However, running more than one of them in Crossfire/SLI will not help, as Vectorworks can only utilize one graphics card at a time.

Twin 4K monitors would be EXTREMELY taxing even on a modern graphics card, that would pretty much limit you to the very highest end gaming cards; The 980ti and the R9 390 specifically at the moment.

However, running more than one of them in Crossfire/SLI will not help, as Vectorworks can only utilize one graphics card at a time.

Jim thanks for the info, that really helps for making a decision. It looks like I'll have to stick with one 4K and one 1920x1200 display maximum for the time being.