Door Configuration Englishisms

POA

Hello,

So in the door configurations there are variations of the naming depending on which version of Vectorworks you have. i.e. in the American version you have choices of "Swing Simple" and "Swing Bi-Part" whereas in the UK version we have "Single Leaf" and "Double Leaf" respectively.

This is generally all good, however, when you add door configuration to a database it will only display the American version which will mean very little to most people over here.

Anyone got any idea how to amend this or to change the database header with some if statements to replace these with the UK versions? This is so frustrating!

Well, found a work around to my own problem!

If anyone else ins interested I used IF statements to replace the text:

=IF((('Door'.'Config')='Swing Simple'), 'Single Leaf', (IF((('Door'.'Config')='Swing Bi-part'), 'Double Leaf', ('Door'.'Config'))))

I saw a Video on Select Service about Plugin Localization.

So it should be possible.

And there should be Text/XLS/CSV File with given VW Naming and Name to Replace

that every User can edit terms to his wishes.

And if such a Config File is added at a certain location to the User/Project File, VW

should use this instead.

I know there are some Localized VW Versions available like German, which I don't need,

but people from Kazakhstan or Burundi would be very happy to be able to do do it by

themselves.

Not just to translate language but also to give understandable and recognizable terms.

Maybe this would be even useful to adapt VW Terms from Maryland English to

Californian Building English.