VW16 is changing parts of windows in my VW15 files.

Markvl

I've been noticing that when I'm opening a VW15 file into VW16 I have some of my windows changing. For instance I have a double sash Casement window and one half (sash) will switch to a single/double hung style. This appears to only happen where my windows are custom configurations. They can be fixed, but I'd rather not have to deal with that on any other files I may have Pre VW16.

Any thoughts out there. Looks like a bug.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I've been noticing that when I'm opening a VW15 file into VW16 I have some of my windows changing. For instance I have a double sash Casement window and one half (sash) will switch to a single/double hung style. This appears to only happen where my windows are custom configurations. They can be fixed, but I'd rather not have to deal with that on any other files I may have Pre VW16.

Any thoughts out there. Looks like a bug.

Yes: http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1347/Tech+Bulletin%3A+Custom+Sash+Windows+-+Not+converted+properly+from+2015+to+2016

This is what I've got.

You'll see in the pic that the left sash is a casement but hinged on the wrong side and the far right side is a double hung but should be a right hinged casement.

I ran the script as per the instructions but nothing changed. I opened the sympbol and ran the script with still no change. I saved the drawing, closed it and reopened it with no change and ran the script again with no change.

Considering things like this. Do any of you out there, tend to keep using the original version you used to create your drawing(s) or just jump in with both feet into the latest version with drawings done in older versions?
It depends on how far along into design it is, but typically I stay in the original version to avoid issues like this.