Issues viewing 2016 online help file

rDesign

I submitted a tech support request for this through my VSS portal, but haven't heard back so I thought I would also post it here.

Issues when viewing from iPad:

I am having trouble accessing the online help from my iPad (iOS version 9.0). The page is zoomed super large and I can't zoom out, and when panning you can't access all of the screen - it's cut off and you can't read the entire page. I don't know if this is an iOS 9 problem, but I've restarted the iPad as well as Safari (cleared the cache). No luck. Screen cap attached for reference.

Issues when viewing from Mac

When I view the 2016 online help file with Firefox (40.0.3) on my Mac, the page loads correctly but it never stops loading; It even made my laptop's internal fans start up. At the bottom of the Firefox browser window, it says either 'Transferring data from app-help.vectorworks.net...', or 'Reading data from...', or 'Waiting for...'.

Both Safari (8.0.8) and Chrome (46.0.2490.33 beta 64-bit) seem to load the page fine and stop when the page is done loading.

Is anybody else having problems viewing the 2016 online help file? Or is it just me? Thanks.

Vw2016 Online Help

Edited by rDesign

@Martin- thanks for your reply.

It is an iPad (3rd Generation) running iOS 9.0 with a screen size of 9.7".

I think it might have more to do with viewing in landscape-mode in Safari 9.0 on iOS 9.0 than it is the iPad itself, because the Vw2016 online help file viewed fine using Safari on iOS 8.4.1 (on the one day between Vw2016 & iOS 9 release dates).

In portrait-mode the Vw2016 help file views correctly in Safari 9.0, so it is just in landscape-mode that it has problems.

Safari 9.0 on iPhone5S - iOS 9.0

In landscape-mode the Vw2016 help file looks just like it does on my iPad- zoomed super large, but it functions correctly in portrait-mode. Switching from portrait- to landscape-mode the webpage zooms in and out between normal-sized text and super-large text.

[see attached screen caps from iPhone 5S]

Chrome 45.0.2454.89 on iPhone 5S - iOS 9.0

It functions correctly in both portrait and landscape.

The Vw2015 online help file still views fine on this iPad, so it is something specific to the Vw2016 file.

Perhaps the user agent string is not properly configured to detect Safari 9.0 on iOS 9.0 devices properly?

Maybe it's not detecting landscape-mode in Safari iOS 9 properly?

Thanks for your reply.

@MBrown: Any progress on this? Is there anybody at Vectorworks, Inc. with an iOS 9 device having trouble viewing the Vw2016 online help file in Safari landscape mode? Maybe it's just me and my two iOS 9 devices.

I submitted a bug report for this issue on my VSS account almost a week ago and haven't received any response. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...