Worksheet Name in Worksheet Cell

Can you tell more about why you need this and how you want to use it ?

I'm asking because if it is about one sheet you might as well type the name in manually.

Are your creating multiple sheets by script ? If so it wouldn't be hard to code the name to be placed within a cell.

Hi and thanks for the replies

Have a landscape design project with 160 plus houses

Because this file is just a demo really with a single house I have not used location polys with it

That is not my problem and I know how to do that later

I want to be able to use an A4 Sheet for each house on a separate Sheet Layer

All houses will be drawn on a Design Layer with a named separate location poly around each to enable quantifying by lot

Worksheets it seems can have two names

One where you name them in the RB and the other named in the OIP Data Tab

What I want is to name a WS preferably in the RB but if necessary in the OIP Data Tab and have the name appear in Cell B1 of that WS

Make Sense?

See attached file

Is there any way you can group some of them on one sheet ? It seems a bit overkill to create 160 different sheets.

You can set partially cell criteria to come from another cell. Thus if you have a cell with the layer name you can edit your calculation to look on that layer only.

You can have one sheet that lists all your layers. If the name was chosen with a number it's easy to generate the 160 names. Next you add your calculation rows as columns and make your lookup use the layer name as well.

Edited by hippothamus

@hippothamnus,

Thanks mate understand all of that and normally have several houses on one sheet and then in worksheet columns would have headings of house 1, house 2 etc and materials listed down in the rows with totals at the end

Know all of that

This client is from another state and just beginning to operate in my home state and have been doing it the other way there

Thanks for your input and interest

@Pat Stanford,

Thanks mate

Will give it a whirl and let you know

Darrell