Line Thickness Abbreviation

Hi guys, I am using VW2014. When I have a line thickness greater than 9 and there are two or more digits in the thickness, the line thickness in the attributes palette becomes abbreviated and I can't actually see what thickness I have without clicking on the line thickness option.

Example, if a line is thickness 12 it comes up as ----------1..

How do I stop abbreviations? I have tried maximizing the palette window but it just stays abbreviated. Thanks

Hi guys, I am using a Mac Yosemite 10.10.

I have attached 2 screenshots. One of them is a 12pt line coming up as 1..

The other is a line from one of my colleagues files and comes up as 7.. I actually can't tell what line thickness this is since it is not one of my defaults so doesn't even show up with a tick when I click on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Complete guess work, but are you running multiple monitors at different resolutions? Are you running anything besides VW that might be messing with the resolution?

Can you provide more information on exactly what version of VW you are running and exactly what Mac and OS? What units are you using for the line weights?

Yes I am running multiple monitors. My main computer is a Macbook Pro and I have a 1080p monitor plugged in. But I just unplugged the monitor and restored all the laptop settings to default and it still doesn't work.

I am running VW 2014 Build 201263. My Mac is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OSX Yosemite Version 10.10 (14A389).

The units are displayed in Mils. The other units display fine without problems.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

With Vectorworks closed, download and install the last update released for 2014:

http://www.vectorworks.net/downloads/ServicePack.php?major=2014&servicepack=5

Reboot the machine completely, then open a new document in Vectorworks and check the attributes palette. Let me know if it then looks fine or if there is no change.